Do you shop at Amazon?

amazon-smileUse this link for the AmazonSmile program http://smile.amazon.com/ch/84-1037150  and a portion of your purchase will be donated to Mancos Friends of the Library. AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Mancos Friends of the Library every time you shop, at no extra cost to you. When you shop at AmazonSmile you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to Mancos Friends of the Library.

Print text only

Minutes – July 11, 2016

(as submitted)

Members Present: Tulli Kerstetter, Dana Petersen, Eckhart Stuart, Anne Benson, Amy Welden, Silvia Fleitz

I. Call to Order: at 7:08pm by Tulli 1st Vice President as Carolyn Smith President was not available.

II. Minutes of previous meeting: approved as read.

III. Proxie Votes: None.

IV. Correspondence: none.

V. Financial report: none. Laurie Webster, treasurer, not present.

VI. Librarian’s report: from Lee Hallberg, presented by Dana. There are several job openings at the library. Lee sent two designs for us to choose from for our new donation box that he is in the process of ordering. See full report here.

VII. Old Business

A. Follow up from the Half Marathon event including suggestions sent for future races: Dana reports the library grossed about $7,000. Thank you notes have been sent to all who donated to the event1596212 . We would like to have a greener event with recycling which the Friends could manage along with the food booth. We would like to have signs at our booth showing that we were the sponsor of the booth and acknowledging all the businesses that donated food. Any other ideas to improve the event, please send them to Dana.

B. Stanton Englehart: sales and location update. We will look to Laurie to update us on possibly selling cards at the Edge of the Cedar Museum5812481 in Blanding, UT at our next meeting.

C. Library Book Bags: 130 of these were given away during the marathon. We discussed having Dana saving the remaining ones for the next marathon rather than ochcontinuing to try to sell them as we generally sell less than one per month.

D. donor bench/ table/ wall plaque: tabled again.

VIII. New Business

A. Mancos Days Book Sale: Silvia will put a sign12481up sheet in the library and send out bulk emails for volunteers. She will also do flyers and PSA. Silvia will contact Moose and More about giving us a discount on ice cream again for our Friends Only event. The schedule for the sale will be:

  • Thurs 7/28 9am-1pm set up book sale, 5:30pm set up Ice cream social, 6-8pm Friends Only Event and Ice Cream Social.
  • Fri 7/29 Book sale 10am-5pm
  • Sat 7/30 Book Sale 11am-3pm, tear down 3-5pm.

B. Landscaping news: the suggestion was made to advertise for volunteers to help with weeding and perhaps have a yard work day again.

C. Updates on Mil levy business: none.

IX. Adjourn at 8:01pm. Next meeting: August 1, 2016 at 7pm at the library. We will start planning for the Mancos Balloon Festival. All are welcome!

Print text only

Minutes – June 6, 2016

(as submitted)

Members Present: Carolyn Smith, Tulli Kerstetter, Amy Welden, Laurie Webster, Shari Dunn, Silvia Fleitz

I.    Call to Order: by Carolyn at 7:03 pm.

II.     Minutes of previous meeting: approved as read.

III.    Proxy Votes: none

IV.    Correspondence: none

V.    Financial report: presented by Laurie. Total balance all accounts is $5,586.13. See full report here. Approved as read.

VI.   Librarian’s report: read by Amy as submitted by Lee. There are several part time job openings at the library. See full report here.

VII.   Old Business

A. Stanton Englehart: sales and location update: sales have picked up. Laurie reports that we bought 250 8 packs for $1140. $4.56 per 8 pack was our cost. She also reports that the Edge of the Cedars Museum is interested in selling the cards. Laurie will see if they would be willing to purchase 50 packs for $10 apiece. We also need to assess how many packs we have left. Tulli would be willing to deliver them to Blanding, UT.

B. Library Book Bags: we sold one!

C. donor bench/ table/ wall plaque: will table this again.

VIII. New Business

A.  Half Marathon updates on volunteer jobs, sponsors, sign-ups: Dana provided a list of places for us to go to for donations: Tulli-Zuma Foods, Carolyn-Dolores Food Market, Amy-Absolute Bakery, Shari-Family Dollar Store. All will report what donations they are able to procure to Dana and Shaine at the library.

B. Landscaping news: nothing new.

C. updates on Mil levy business: none.

D. Jersey Jim auction update: we sold the night in our online auction for $155. Good job everybody!

E.  Amy Welden – changes in recording of membership. She wants to add a box to indicate new or renewing member. She will talk to Lee about getting this onto the form.

IX. Adjourn: Next meeting: July 11, 2016 at 7:00 pm at the library. All are welcome!

Print text only

Minutes – May 2, 2016

(as submitted)

Members Present: Silvia Fleitz, Tulli Kerstetter, Amy Welden, Lee Hallberg, Laurie Webster, Carolyn Smith, Julia Whelihan

I.  Call to Order: by Carolyn at 7:10 pm.

II.  Minutes of previous meeting: approved as read.

III.  Proxy Votes: none

IV.  Correspondence: none

V. Financial report: presented by Laurie. Our 2015 taxes are done and we did not owe anything.Total balance all accounts is $7224.55. Approved as read. See full report here.

VI. Librarian’s report: presented by Lee. Landscaping cleanup was done. Mancos Half Marathon planning is going very well, encourage people to register to run! The first draft of the Mill Levy statement is complete. See full report here.

VII.  Old Business

A. Stanton Englehart sales and location update: Karen Blaine from Absolute Bakery spoke with Lee about a package of cards appearing like it had lines through the printing. It is actually the way the original painting was done. This package was swapped out and the cards have been moved back to the front of the bakery for sale. Laurie will be going to the Edge of the Cedars Museum gift shop to see if they will consider selling the cards. Carolyn will look into displaying the cards more prominently in the library.

B. Library Book Bags: a few have sold.

C. donor bench/ table/ wall plaque: tabled. We hope to have this done by the end of the summer.

D. snow removal plan: let it melt. Can’t drop this quite yet.

E. PayPal account name wrap up: Dana not present to confirm this.

VIII.      New Business

A.  Half Marathon updates on volunteer jobs, sponsors, signups: we will finalize our role at the June meeting.

B.  Landscaping news: a cleanup was held but did have much of a volunteer turnout.

C.  Updates on Mill levy business/ new request: Julia was present representing Vote Yes for Mancos Public Library PAC for the upcoming Mil Levee request. She is requesting $2000 for obtaining voting records in the county, to develop a website, and for advertising materials to hand out at local events. A motion was made to provide $2000 for the above request by Silvia, seconded by Amy. There was a discussion of how this would fit into our budget and tax structure. The motion passed.

D.  Jersey Jim auction update: Silvia and Dana will work on advertising this week.

E.   Donation Box: our small donation box was stolen from the circulation desk. Silvia made a motion for Lee to research and spend up to $50 for a new donation box. Laurie seconded. Discussion was that we would still like to have a clear box and larger than the last one. Motion passed.

IX. Adjournment: at 8:15 pm.  Next meeting will June 6, 2016

Print text only

Minutes – April 4, 2016

(as submitted)

Members Present: Carolyn Smith, Anne Benson, Shari Dunn, Lee Hallberg, Dana Petersen, Tulli Kerstetter, Laurie Webster, Silvia Fleitz

I.       Call to Order: By Carolyn at 7:04pm

II.      Minutes of previous meeting: approved as read.

III.    Proxie Votes: none.

IV.    Correspondence: none.

V.     Financial report: Presented by Laurie. Total balance on bank accounts is $6044.68. See full report here. Laurie completed our tax and income/expense reports.  All reports approved as read. View the March 2016 report. View the 2015 financial summary reports.

VI.    Librarian’s report: The Mil Levy committee will be working with the Friends on message and talking points at our May meeting. The library is still in need of business sponsors for the Mancos Half Marathon. View the full report here.

VII.  Old Business

A.     Stanton Englehart sales: Relocation in the bakery: Tulli suggested a display rack. She brought in a small wooden display shelf that she would like to put on the wall there and would like for us to purchase a small Mancos Friends of the Library plaque to put on the front of it. Lee will talk with the owners to see if they will go along with this. Tulli will ask the Mancos Visitor’s Center again to see if they will display our cards. Dana has gotten the posters back on the website for sale and is working on getting the cards on there. She has ordered free shipping tubes from the post office for these. Carolyn suggested putting the cards on the new display shelf near the circulation desk.

B.     Library Book Bags: we continue to slowly sell them.

C.     Picnic table with landscape donor: table again.

D.     report/ proceeds from April 2nd book sale: Laurie reports that we made $846 in book sales, $110 in new/renewed memberships, total profit $956 for our Spring Book Sale. This is a record for a one day sale!

VIII. New Business

A.     Special Events Permit for the Mancos Half Marathon / more planning for the Half Marathon: Lee reports that the Mancos Brewing Company would like to provide beer for the runners. This requires us to get a special events permit from the town. This will need to come through the Friends along with the $100 fee. A motion made by Silvia, seconded by Laurie to provide the $100 fee and do the paperwork for the Special Events permit. Motion passed.

B.     Landscaping funds request for 2016: Lee requested money to pay someone to contract to do the landscaping for the summer. Celeste Aurorean is interested in doing this. Silvia made a motion to provide up to $1200 to pay a contracted landscaper this summer. Tulli seconded. Motion passed.

C.     Name on PayPal Account: there is the name of a long ago treasurer of ours on the account. The general consensus was to get the paperwork filled out to have our current treasurer’s name, Laurie Webster, on the account.

D.     Jersey Jim online auction: We have one night to auction off this year. The night is Saturday, 7-23-16. Silvia will head up the advertising, Dana will set up the online auction. Advertising will start after our May meeting and will run from noon on Monday 5-16-16 and end at 7pm on Sunday 5-22-16.

IX.    Adjourn: 8:23pm  Next meeting will be Monday, May  2, 2016. All are welcome!

Print text only