Minutes – August 5, 2013

(as submitted)

August 5, 2013

Members Present: Linda Bellush, Laurie Webster, Lee Hallberg, Lee Wilson, Ben Wolcott, Silvia Fleitz, Holly Cruser

I. Call to order: at 7:08 pm by Linda

II. Proxies: None

III. Minutes of previous meeting: approved as read.

IV. Correspondence: None.

V. Financial report: see attached. Total balance is $6,966.70. This does not include the Mancos Days Book Sale, some new memberships, payment for one of the Jersey Jim nights, and some book sales from the book shelf in the library. Approved as read.

VI. Librarian’s report: see attached. Ben suggested calling the Boy Scouts to assist with the landscaping project. Lee H. will also call the school to see if anyone wants to do a service project. It was suggested that Lee also call Tom Vaughan regarding the history of a Harvest Festival in Mancos. The library plans to put on a Harvest Festival on Sept. 22nd with vendors and is asking for Friend’s help with a VIP dinner at Olio’s. It was suggested to also get volunteers to help with the project of changing all the barcodes as part of the new AspenCat ILS that the library will be using that connect their collection with 41 other Colorado libraries.

VII. Current Projects Summary

a. Stanton Englehart cards sales at AHC: Silvia received an email from AHC that they will send a payment soon for what they had sold so far.

b. Jersey Jim silent auction: the total brought in was $295.

c. Day lily plant sale: Holly brought in more money from the extended sale, Laurie will give her a check for 20% for her water costs.

d. Mancos Days book sale: the sale went very well with over $700 in book sales.

VIII. New Business

A. Request for $4000 for Userful Computers for patrons from Lee Hallberg. Motion made by Silvia, seconded by Laurie to this effect. Motion passed.

B. Landscaping sculpture project to recognize donors: Marilyn Kroeker and Julia Whelihan have not been able to locate a big rock on which to mount the sculpture. Lee H. to check with Marilyn on the dimensions of the sculpture and her final price.

C. Paving the area in front of the Zircon: will need to get quotes for concrete work. Lee H. suggested also taking out the curb and putting in a concrete ramp. Lee H. will talk with Jim Merrill and Ben will talk with Steve Klumker regarding cost and possible ways of doing this.

IX. Adjourn: at 8:08 pm. Next meeting will be Monday Sept. 9th at 7 pm. This will be the second Monday of the month instead of the first due to the Labor Day Holiday. All are welcome!