Minutes – May 2, 2016

(as submitted)

Members Present: Silvia Fleitz, Tulli Kerstetter, Amy Welden, Lee Hallberg, Laurie Webster, Carolyn Smith, Julia Whelihan

I.  Call to Order: by Carolyn at 7:10 pm.

II.  Minutes of previous meeting: approved as read.

III.  Proxy Votes: none

IV.  Correspondence: none

V. Financial report: presented by Laurie. Our 2015 taxes are done and we did not owe anything.Total balance all accounts is $7224.55. Approved as read. See full report here.

VI. Librarian’s report: presented by Lee. Landscaping cleanup was done. Mancos Half Marathon planning is going very well, encourage people to register to run! The first draft of the Mill Levy statement is complete. See full report here.

VII.  Old Business

A. Stanton Englehart sales and location update: Karen Blaine from Absolute Bakery spoke with Lee about a package of cards appearing like it had lines through the printing. It is actually the way the original painting was done. This package was swapped out and the cards have been moved back to the front of the bakery for sale. Laurie will be going to the Edge of the Cedars Museum gift shop to see if they will consider selling the cards. Carolyn will look into displaying the cards more prominently in the library.

B. Library Book Bags: a few have sold.

C. donor bench/ table/ wall plaque: tabled. We hope to have this done by the end of the summer.

D. snow removal plan: let it melt. Can’t drop this quite yet.

E. PayPal account name wrap up: Dana not present to confirm this.

VIII.      New Business

A.  Half Marathon updates on volunteer jobs, sponsors, signups: we will finalize our role at the June meeting.

B.  Landscaping news: a cleanup was held but did have much of a volunteer turnout.

C.  Updates on Mill levy business/ new request: Julia was present representing Vote Yes for Mancos Public Library PAC for the upcoming Mil Levee request. She is requesting $2000 for obtaining voting records in the county, to develop a website, and for advertising materials to hand out at local events. A motion was made to provide $2000 for the above request by Silvia, seconded by Amy. There was a discussion of how this would fit into our budget and tax structure. The motion passed.

D.  Jersey Jim auction update: Silvia and Dana will work on advertising this week.

E.   Donation Box: our small donation box was stolen from the circulation desk. Silvia made a motion for Lee to research and spend up to $50 for a new donation box. Laurie seconded. Discussion was that we would still like to have a clear box and larger than the last one. Motion passed.

IX. Adjournment: at 8:15 pm.  Next meeting will June 6, 2016

Scroll to Top