Minutes – April 4, 2016

(as submitted)

Members Present: Carolyn Smith, Anne Benson, Shari Dunn, Lee Hallberg, Dana Petersen, Tulli Kerstetter, Laurie Webster, Silvia Fleitz

I.       Call to Order: By Carolyn at 7:04pm

II.      Minutes of previous meeting: approved as read.

III.    Proxie Votes: none.

IV.    Correspondence: none.

V.     Financial report: Presented by Laurie. Total balance on bank accounts is $6044.68. See full report here. Laurie completed our tax and income/expense reports.  All reports approved as read. View the March 2016 report. View the 2015 financial summary reports.

VI.    Librarian’s report: The Mil Levy committee will be working with the Friends on message and talking points at our May meeting. The library is still in need of business sponsors for the Mancos Half Marathon. View the full report here.

VII.  Old Business

A.     Stanton Englehart sales: Relocation in the bakery: Tulli suggested a display rack. She brought in a small wooden display shelf that she would like to put on the wall there and would like for us to purchase a small Mancos Friends of the Library plaque to put on the front of it. Lee will talk with the owners to see if they will go along with this. Tulli will ask the Mancos Visitor’s Center again to see if they will display our cards. Dana has gotten the posters back on the website for sale and is working on getting the cards on there. She has ordered free shipping tubes from the post office for these. Carolyn suggested putting the cards on the new display shelf near the circulation desk.

B.     Library Book Bags: we continue to slowly sell them.

C.     Picnic table with landscape donor: table again.

D.     report/ proceeds from April 2nd book sale: Laurie reports that we made $846 in book sales, $110 in new/renewed memberships, total profit $956 for our Spring Book Sale. This is a record for a one day sale!

VIII. New Business

A.     Special Events Permit for the Mancos Half Marathon / more planning for the Half Marathon: Lee reports that the Mancos Brewing Company would like to provide beer for the runners. This requires us to get a special events permit from the town. This will need to come through the Friends along with the $100 fee. A motion made by Silvia, seconded by Laurie to provide the $100 fee and do the paperwork for the Special Events permit. Motion passed.

B.     Landscaping funds request for 2016: Lee requested money to pay someone to contract to do the landscaping for the summer. Celeste Aurorean is interested in doing this. Silvia made a motion to provide up to $1200 to pay a contracted landscaper this summer. Tulli seconded. Motion passed.

C.     Name on PayPal Account: there is the name of a long ago treasurer of ours on the account. The general consensus was to get the paperwork filled out to have our current treasurer’s name, Laurie Webster, on the account.

D.     Jersey Jim online auction: We have one night to auction off this year. The night is Saturday, 7-23-16. Silvia will head up the advertising, Dana will set up the online auction. Advertising will start after our May meeting and will run from noon on Monday 5-16-16 and end at 7pm on Sunday 5-22-16.

IX.    Adjourn: 8:23pm  Next meeting will be Monday, May  2, 2016. All are welcome!

Scroll to Top