(as submitted) Members present: Miriam Dunbar, Anne Benson, Koko Smith, Julie Hartline, Shari Dunn, Dana Petersen, Silvia Fleitz
1. Call to order at 7:00 p.m.
** Note: There is no quorum of officers, thus any votes will be done later via email.
2. Minutes from previous meeting – Will review next meeting.
3. Library staff requests
• Children’s librarian Julie Hartline brought a request for funding of the Summer Reading Program. The theme this year is Space: A University of Stories. Julie has received a proposal from a Denver-based educator, Monnie Barrett (see attached). Bayfield, Durango and Cortez have already booked her so travel costs will be split between each participating library. The request is for $300.
• Shari Dunn reported on commitments she has received from the four poets to have a poetry and art display event on Saturday, April 27. The Friends have already approved $400 for this program.
• Shari next brought a proposal to bring Navajo artist Benton Yazzie to the library in May for a texture painting in sand workshop and art reception. She attended a similar workshop he held at the Cortez library in January. The request if for $200 to host the workshop. There was discussion about also offering an honorarium in addition to his workshop fee.
4. Proxy/e-mail votes – None.
5. Correspondence – None.
6. Financial report – None.
7. Librarian’s report – Lee was absent but sent a librarian’s report. See attached.
8. Old business
• Storage shed for snow blower and gasoline – tabled.
• Replacement donor plaque cost & installation location – tabled.
9. New business
Valentine’s Day Bake Sale prep – Silvia reported on the general tasks to be completed: signup sheet, setup 2/13, 6-8 p.m.; work the sale 2/14, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; flyers to be distributed in Mancos and Cortez. Silvia will email a signup sheet and flyers to the library to print out. Laurie has already put change in the Friends’ bank box along with a current membership list.
Next meeting: March 4, 2019