July 1, 2013
Members Present: Linda Bellush, Lee Hallberg, Ben Wolcott, Lee Wilson, Laurie Webster, Silvia Fleitz, Holly Cruser
1. Call to order: 7:11 pm by Linda
2. Proxies: None
3. Minutes of previous meeting: approved as read.
4. Correspondence: none.
5. Financial report: presented by Laurie Webster. Total balance at the end of June is $6,693.72. Approved as read.
6. Librarian’s report: see attached. Volunteers are needed to help with the Celebrate MPL with Music fundraiser on July 5, assist with landscaping the north end of the library, and to be on the Book Cart Drill Team for the Mancos Days parade.
7. Current Projects Update
a. Stanton Englehart cards/posters sales at AHC: Silvia reports that sales are going well and she has dropped off a total of 80 packs of 8-pack cards and 40 posters (10 of each print). Expect payment in Nov. when the Englehart exhibit ends in Nov.
b. Jersey Jim Online auction: the auction is in progress and will end on July 6th.
c. Celebrate the MPL music night: volunteers needed for greeter, collect donations, serve refreshments, set up/clean up. Sign-up sheet in the library and Silvia will send out an email requesting volunteers.
d. Day lily plant sale: Holly Cruser says that Sun. July 14th will work better from 10-2 pm. The price will be $5 per plant. She presented a PR article and pictures of new types of lilies available. She will have balloons, tables for refreshments and plants, big cooler, planting guides. She needs a cash box with change, canopy, 50 copies of planting guides, donation jar for refreshments. 8 volunteers including 3 lifters need to arrive by 9 am. Holly will probably deduct the cost of her water bill and donate the rest of the proceeds to the Friends.
8. New Business
a. Mancos Days book sale: Wed. 7/24 Set up from 1-5pm. Thurs. 7/25 will be Friends Only Ice Cream Social 6-8 pm with first pick of books. Book sale will be open to the public Fri. 7/25 10am-5pm and Sat. 7/27 11am-3pm with tear down 3pm-5pm.
b. Request from Library for a $350 match for a grant from the Libri Foundation for books for children. A motion was made and passed. Laurie provided a check.
9. Adjourn: At 8:20 pm. Next meeting will be Aug. 5th at 7 pm at the library. All are welcome!