Minutes – July 5, 2022

(As submitted)

Library Conference Room, 4 pm

Members present: Ann Coker, Anne Benson, Amy Welden, Ilga Vise, Tulli Kerstetter, Jared Boudreaux, Cathy Seibert, Laurie Webster, Peggy Littlejohn

1. Call to order at 4 pm

2. Minutes from June meeting as emailed: Amy moved to accept the minutes and Cathy seconded. All approved.

3. Guest requests – None.
Anne read a message that Silvia forwarded from Koko, now living in Kansas. A donation of $100 to Friends was made by Patty Harpham on behalf of Georgette Welage.

4. Proxy/e-mail votes – none

5. Correspondence –none

6. Financial report – Savings account balance is $4225.60. Checking account activities included $9.14 from Amazon Smile, reimbursement to Tulli for hat embroidery of $100, PO box renewal of $62, a Paypal deposit for 4 prints to two different people ($158.26), and $901.01 for a variety of donations and in-library book sales, memberships, and Jersey Jim auction (see report for details). A fee of $.01 was paid for an Amazon bookseller account. Checking account balance at the end of June was $3817.23, for a total of $8042.83. Tulli moved to accept the financial report, and Peggy seconded. All approved.

7. Library Director’s report – Jared reported a “fun June”. The library is currently doing a much-needed inventory, which has uncovered lots of mistakes because there has not been one recently. The library also added two more holidays: Juneteeth (June 19) and Indigenous Peoples Day (2nd Monday in October). A summer reading program just started. Updates were completed in the Teen section, and Children’s area updates are ongoing. Computer equipment for kids need upgrading. The 3D printer will be in operation as of August 1st and hopefully will be enclosed in plexiglass so that viewers can actually watch it work. The entirety of the library will be upgraded electronically, but the camera system is not yet up because a new organization will be doing the system. Outdoor beautification by Wild Iris has not been started yet, even though the patrons who are willing to foot the bill are on board. Jared will investigate why no landscaping has been done to date.

8. Book Maven report – Email to Anne from Miriam (who is on vacation) stated that there will be lots of books for the Mancos Days book sale.

9. Old business

Jersey Jim auction – Jeff and Nancy Corbin paid $250 for their night. Thanks to Dana for setting up the auction. There seems to have been some confusion as to how the overnighters could reach the officials in charge of keys, etc.

Donated coffee-table books – Jared and Anne set up an Amazon account, and Anne has listed seven of the books so far. A discussion ensued as to adding other, more esoteric items to the account (Englehart prints, out-of-area archaeology books).

Mancos Days Book Sale and Friends Social – Anne passed around her version of a flyer as well as signup sheets for volunteers to operate the sale. Amy reported that she has not lined up any ice cream vendors at present. Tulli volunteered to pick up any ice cream that Amy might be able to find (Cold Stone Creamery? Green Table?) and ice. Small and large grocery sacks are needed and appreciated. Cathy will bring a membership list for the past two years and also will bring her coolers for the ice cream. Amy will donate ice cream scoops, Anne will procure napkins, Laurie will bring flowers, and Ann will bake cookies (two dozen or so). Since there will be no live music this year, Jared offered the use of the library’s sound system for music during the social – and maybe show some photos of selected events. Setup for the book sale will take place from 11-2 on Thursday the 28th. Ann will help disseminate flyers. Silvia, hopefully, will agree to set out the two sandwich boards (Anne will text Silvia about this request).

10. New business – Sun sail for the southside patio may not be financially feasible, but all agreed that some type of overhang would make the patio more usable.

11. Adjourn – at 5:13 pm.

Next meeting: August 2, 2022 – Library Conference Room