June 3rd, 2013
Members Present: Linda Bellush, Lee Wilson, Silvia Fleitz, Lee Hallberg
I. Call to order: at 7:15pm by Linda
II. Proxies: None
III. Minutes of previous meeting: approved as read.
IV. Correspondence: none
V. Financial report: Laurie Webster out of town, we will review at the next meeting.
VI. Librarian’s report: see attached. The library is looking for volunteers for many projects. Silvia will send out a mass email requesting volunteers. The library will look at possibly asking for a Mill Levy increase for 2014.
VII. Old Business
a. Landscaping sculpture by Marilyn Kroeker: Linda will call Julia who is not present to find out what she spoke to Marilyn about. Apparently they are still trying to find a large rock to mount the sculpture on.
b. Thanking donors: Linda sent a letter to Laurie for use for thanking donors who donate $100 and up.
c. Stanton Englehart cards for AHC exhibit May 11-Nov 2: Silvia dropped off 8-packs of cards and also Englehart poster to be sold in the AHC gift shop during this exhibit and provided them with an invoice.
d. Jersey Jim online auction for nights of Aug.9th and 10th: Silvia is working with Dana Petersen to get this started sometime in June. Silvia will do PR.
VIII. New Business
a. Celebration of Music-July 5th 7pm: The event will now be donations only rather than tickets. The Friends are being asked to provide pies to sell. Silvia will send out an email on June 24th. Also be thinking of local musicians who might be interested in playing.
b. Day lily plant sale July 13th: Linda hasn’t had a chance to talk to Holly. Silvia has been communicating with Holly by email r.e. PR for the event.
c. Mancos Days book sale July 25th-27th: It was agreed that we will do a “Friends Only” Icecream Social on July 25th from 6-8pm as a presale event. More planning to come at the July meeting.
IX. Miscellaneous Business
a. Book Donations: Linda received 30 boxes of books from a lady in Dolores who was closing a book store.
X. Next Meeting: July 1st at 7pm at the library. All are welcome!
Librarian’s Report – June 1, 2013
- Received a grant for $1,000 from WalMart to support Summer Reading Program and 1,000 Books before Kindergarten
- Received a $700 grant from Libri Fdn. for books for children, requesting a $350 match from the Friends.
- Celebrate MPL with Music fundraiser will be Friday 7/5 @ 7pm – volunteers needed!
- Fundraising committee also planning Sept 22 Harvest / Folklife Festival.
- Mill Levy increase will be on hold until 2014, in the meantime pursuing options with lender to reduce loan payments temporarily.
- Userful (current “host” of computer system) has been negotiating heavily and doesn’t want to lose our business – they are introducing a Windows based product and have reduced costs drastically to meet amount we would pay to build ourselves. We are still looking carefully at proposal but we will probably be accepting. Can Friends help with expense?
- Landscaping for North end of building slated to start later this month, will be sending out a call for volunteer help.
- Book cart drill team may be on for Mancos Days, need to wait until after Kathy Graf’s daughters wedding – any potential volunteers?