In the library conference room
In attendance: Laurie Webster, Cathy Seibert, Anne Benson, Tulli Kerstetter, Peggy Littlejohn, Midge Kirk; virtually via Zoom: Koko Smith, Ilsa Vise, Silvia Fleitz
1. Call to order at 4 pm
2. Minutes from November meeting as emailed — Cathy moved to accept the minutes and Anne seconded. All approved
3. Guest requests– None
4. Proxy/e-mail votes – Annual Appeal fundraising letter production request from Lee for $2492 was approved by email (see attached).
5. Correspondence – A thank you note from the library for Friends’ help at Lee’s farewell party was noted.
6. Financial report— A statement which included November and December was presented by Laurie due to lack of a December meeting. Currently there is $4224.55 in savings and $3105.28 in checking, for a total of $8329.83. Several withdrawals occurred: to Anne for Half Marathon reimbursement, shelving for the library shed, charge to Colorado Ski Furniture for 4 deck chairs, and a check to Brand Central for the annual fundraiser Deposits included an Amazon Smile payment, and several donations and memberships. A few donations are still trickling in. Anne moved to accept the financial report and Tulli seconded. All approved.
7. Library Director’s report – Midge let Friends know that she and Bernadette are currently acting as co-interim directors until a new library director is hired. She noted that she is not sure where the four new deck chairs are, and the shelving hasn’t been ordered (see above under Financial report). Lunch for Library Director candidates was then discussed, with Midge passing out a revised schedule of events to take place on the 8th (see below under New business).
8. Old business – none
9. New business
Director candidate interviews and lunch for candidates – Sat., Jan. 8, to be hosted by Friends. All decided that Friends should plan on about 15 people (five Library Board members, three candidates, and five Friends). Tulli volunteered to bring chili; Cathy offered to provide gluten-free mac and cheese, lemonade and brownies; Anne said she would bring a salad; and Laurie will provide corn bread. As there are not enough plates, bowls and cups, Anne volunteered to provide same. The luncheon was planned for 11:45.
Valentine’s Day Bake Sale – Mon. is the 14th. Tabled until next meeting in February. All agreed there are some concerns due to Covid/Omicron variant, which may or may not have decreased in transmission by next month.
Request for meeting hour for February, March, and April:
Lisa Taylor – Teen Poetry Workshop. A discussion ensued as to whether
Friends should meet at a different time during these three months that Lisa requires the
community room at 4 p.m., or whether Friends should just meet at the regular time but
virtually. All agreed to keeping the same hour and same day but meeting remotely.
10. Adjourn at 4:43 p.m.
Next meeting: February 1, 2022 – via zoom.